Friday, August 10, 2007

In The Big Leagues: Man of La Mancha; Walnut Street Theatre September 4-October 21, 2007


Well I got the offer from the Walnut Street Theatre! I was cast in the ensemble of the of Man of La Mancha and I will be under studying a lead role. I am very excited about this opportunity! I used to walk in the lobby of the Walnut Street Theatre as a 16 year-old boy and dream of performing on that stage and now I will! The Walnut Street Theatre is the oldest continuously-operating theatre in the English speaking world and the largest theatre in Philadelphia. The venue has three stages: the Mainstage, for the company's primary and larger productions, the Independence Studio on 3, a studio located on the building's third floor for smaller productions, and the Studio 5 on the fifth floor, which is rented out for independent productions. Man of La Mancha is a main stage production. It's kind of like a minor league base ball player that finally gets called up to the big leagues. You might be at the end of the bench but hey, your in the majors. I sign my contract next week and start rehearsals on the 21st of August. The show opens on the 4th of September. So come check it out!

3 comments:

Jemilah said...

Congradulations! So when will you guys be able to come visit?

Jemilah said...

My friends were stoked when they heard you had a few stints at the Grand Ole Opry house.

Unknown said...

You ROCK!